Hammond Nursing Scholarship
The SCIN (nursing) section of ASCIP, formerly known as the American Association of Spinal Cord Injury Nurses, believes that spinal cord impairment and related disorders are multifaceted, catastrophic experiences for individuals that have implications for families, significant others and society as a whole. SCI nursing, as an art and science, has a primary role in assisting individuals with a spinal cord injury/disorder (SCI/D) achieve and maintain an optimum level of physical and psychosocial well-being. Nurses who specialize in the care of the individual with a SCI/D are skilled practitioners with current knowledge of the pathophysiological and psychosocial implications of SCI/D and possess the expertise to deal with the impact of SCI/D on the individual, family and society.
We are pleased to offer a scholarship program for up to two nurses. The maximum amount offered per nurse is up to $1,300.00 to cover the following expenses only:
- Conference and pre-conference registration for the 2020 Educational Conference & Expo
- Academy membership for 2021 or 2022 (can only be applied to 2022 if 2021 dues have already been paid)
- * Airfare reimbursement for the 2021 Educational Conference & Expo
- * Hotel accommodations for the 2021 Educational Conference & Expo
* If attends in person vs virtual conference
ASCIP members and non-members may apply. Complete and submit the online application here.
NOTES AND GUIDELINES:
- All entries should be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. (Pacific) on March 27, 2021.
- Partial submissions cannot be saved online. Please plan to complete your entire application in one sitting.
- It is highly recommended that you answer the scholarship questions in an offline document; and then copy your replies into the application. This will ensure that your responses are not lost in the event of a browser "time out".
- If you are chosen as a scholarship recipient, you will be expected to attend the 2020 Educational Conference & Expo
- Due to the high interest in the scholarship program, previous recipients will not be considered.
2020 Hammond Scholarship Recipients:
- Maggie Bartholomew
- Cecelia Williams
- Disha Parikh
- Erika Reinarz
- Jeandrea Hanson
- Karen Marquez